Cigarette sparks Marshfield house fire

MARSHFIELD — A discarded cigarette led to an evening house fire in Marshfield Sunday, fire officials said.

Firefighters observed flames jumping up the back a home at 9 Wilson Road when they arrived at 10:35 p.m., according to Chief William Hocking.

“The main body of fire was limited to the exterior portion of the building, although there was limited smoke, heat and water damage inside,” Hocking said in a statement.

No one was injured in the blaze, and the building’s four residents were allowed to return without further action.

 

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker